Lighting control subtly influences the ambiance of a home, complementing the aesthetics of its décor, while also providing convenience and energy efficiency. Brighten or dim any light in a room or the entire house with a single touch, or automate lighting to respond to your lifestyle, without any touch at all. The house can even appear occupied when no one is home.
How lighting is controlled or how a mood is set in each room is as unique and personal as the home itself and the people who live in it. Plus, when lighting is tied to other systems in the home such as audio, shades, temperature and security the possibilities are virtually endless.
Tailored to your family and lifestyle
- A “Cooking” scene starts your favourite playlist and brings the kitchen lights up while dinner is being prepared.
- A “Goodnight” button turns off all lights, locks the doors, arms the security system and turns the thermostat back to a desired setting.
- Lights in the house turn on automatically as the garage opens, offering a safe welcome home.
- Motion sensors provide hands-free illumination, marking a pathway to the bathroom or kitchen in the evening.
- A tap on a Control4 touch screen or smartphone turns off the lights in the media room and starts the movie.
Powerful lighting control for new build, renovation projects and retrofitting alike
Lighting control is best placed in to two categories:
Central panelised lighting
Panelised lighting solutions are best suited to larger new build properties and major renovation projects. All of the lighting modules are located in a central area allowing for control over multiple lighting circuits with ease. Panelised lighting also allows for banks of light switches to be replaced with simple elegant keypads if a room has a large number of lighting circuits.
Wireless Zigbee lighting
Control4 Zigbee wireless lighting solutions are ideal for retrofit applications where lighting control and automation is required but it is not possible to re-wire the property. Wireless lighting is also the perfect choice for single room solutions such as media rooms and smaller properties.
Sleek and stylish
Customiseable keypads provide a stunning interface for any Control4 smart home, combining flexible button configurations with beautiful colours and finishes. Buttons can be configured using five different button sizes for a total of 38 possible configurations and can be reconfigured whenever a change is needed or desired.
With configurable, custom engraved buttons, everyone will know what each button does. Built-in sensors even change the button brightness depending on the lighting of the room, so they’re always perfectly lit.
Peace of mind
Lighting control and automation is a great way to enhance the security of your property whilst you are at home, away or even on holiday. Control4 integrates your lighting with all the other systems in your home for a truly automated smart home. Audio, video and security systems all work together, improving the security of your home.
Some of the many possibilities include:
Voice controlled lighting
- While away, lights, shades and even televisions can activate in a random fashion so it appears that someone is home.
- Motion sensors can be programmed to turn lights on inside or outside of the home if movement is detected, and then send you an alert if a sensor is triggered.
- Lights in the home can flash on and off repeatedly if the security alarm is triggered, drawing more attention to a security breach.
With Control4 lighting control you can add immediate out-of-the-box voice control of your lights with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices. Ask Alexa to light the way when you walk into your house, set the mood by asking Alexa to dim the lights, or turn off every light at once from the comfort of your bed when it’s time to turn in for the night.